Thursday, January 1, 2015

First Blog Of 2015

Hey all,
Hope you had a safe new year. It's the start of the new year and a lot of things probably you've thought about in the previous years that you want to change. I think you shouldn't be too hard on yourselves. If you've gotten fat...don't let it get to you. Just live life happy. Losing weight and looking picture ready isn't the end-all be-all of everything. In fact I think at a certain age, it's not that big of a deal. I go to the gym as a matter of staving off boredom rather than anything else. It gives me time to detox. In fact, I go to a gym about 20 miles outside my home so that I can drive and think. Think about things in my life.

I know a lot of people have hope for the new year. For instance, I've been approached by many people now that they really want to get back into being creative. I think it's a great idea. And I hope, unlike shedding fat, it isn't just a few days or weeks and then going back to nothing again. I hope there is follow through. And when I say this, I mean myself as well. There must be follow through.

One of the things when I'm driving I listen to something called "Industry Standard with Barry Katz." Barry is a superagent who gets his Hollywood/entertainment friends to speak on his podcast. A LOT of the underline message is persistence. Because someone says "no" or you face rejection should NOT be the end of your drive. Too many people don't ask, so they never get. I'm one of those people. It really drives me. A lot of these successful people work hard at working hard. They talk about the people who get to the top NEVER give up. They don't have another option but to succeed. We're so into our own shit, we shut down before we even move up. Or, as my beautiful friend Jaycee always says, "there's so much room at the top." DO NOT BE AFRAID TO FAIL.

Failing or failure is just a mindset. So people don't even try. Failure is pain. But it is a state of mind. As one previous guest had mentioned "emotion is not fact." I LOVE that. Why? Because so often we see failure as our lives are failures. FALSE!! FALSE! FALSE! To never try is where you get into the mindset of this. Emotion is NOT fact. Fact is you are not a failure, fact is you failed at something you tried. Your emotion wants you to believe you screwed the pooch for trying. And that you won't get back on that horse. It's too "emotionally" painful. Fuck that noise. It's a moment. You move from it. Too many of my friends (and myself) wallow in this. We don't position ourselves to fail, because it's too much for our psyche to handle. NO MORE. Repeat...NO MORE. Take chances. Big risk, means big rewards. But does mean big pain. That's fine. Accept it. Embrace it. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment