Monday, January 19, 2015

Bitches Who Want A Gentleman

"He's got a big dick."
"How do you know he's got a big dick?"
"I fucked him, pfft!"

Yes, it was a woman who told me this. Yet, women complain about why they can't find a decent man.

I was watching an episode of "Family Ties" recently. There's a moment when Alex is attempting to find similar interest to his new girlfriend Ellen. He's a conservative, ego-maniacal right winger, and she's a patron of the arts. The episode had her auditioning for the ballet company in which Alex, feeling distance from her interests attempts to integrate himself into her world. Pratfalls ensue. Funny episode. Anyway, it got me thinking about my college girlfriend again. She was traditional. Seriously traditional. LOVED to play house. She'd be the 60's woman, home reading, cooking and cleaning with a drink ready when I came home from work. I remember feeling an overwhelming sense of home whenever she was around. NOT that a woman's requirement is to do the above forementioned. But, it elevated me to be a better man. I was 22 at the time, and a lot more mature than I am now. More focused then. It was simple. Find a good woman, settle down, follow your dreams, have your mate be your biggest fan.

That is long gone. Women today are as fickle as men. I'm not sure they crave that image of being a housewife. I doubt they enjoy being their man's biggest fan. Maybe this exists, but it is really far and few between. Sort of like the gentleman they are constantly looking for.

The gentleman woman are looking for don't exist either. The tides will change here and there, but that midnset is also gone. Why? No benefit. What I remember most of my relationship then, was that there was the great unknown. As we get older, that unknown becomes a liability. I recall a moment when at the end of the year, we had a photography show. She was in sculpture, I was in photography. We snuck out to catch a smoke. She was called back in. I remember she leaned over and kissed me deeply, smiled and said "let's get this over with so we can go home." Class. I truly miss that type of elegance, or even the illusion of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment