Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year

More than likely I'll be asleep before I celebrate the new year. That's fine. Will be the first year in over a decade I haven't had a drink. And it's fine. I've also cleaned out my bedroom in order to write in peace. I don't sleep in there anyway. It's weird, I don't even consider it a room for sleep. I put my ass in seat and write like the devil is poking me. Why not? How much time have I lost being lazy.

In the New Year, I need to craft something long form. If you don't feel like you deserve a future in filmmaking or storytelling, it's over. The point being...material is king, and it's not going to drop from the sky.

Reflecting on the New Year...well, let's be honest, I can't remember most of it. A lot was recovering from alcoholism (and still working on it). In the meantime, it's not bad living in an imaginary world. Let's be real, a lot of this is going to suck shit. I have about four scripts now...all in various levels of suck-titude. But at least I'm generating...something. I also need to study more about story structure.

I read somewhere recently, Stephen J. Cannell said "Never start a script you don't finish, even if it's bad...FINISH IT." I take that to heart.

I wish everyone a great new year. We get to start moving forward and STOP fucking around.

No comments:

Post a Comment