Thursday, January 15, 2015

Academy Award Nominations...

...came out today. I've seen a few of those movies. Pretty good. A lot bad. Strange how people rate these movies. To me, there is no best. Nothing that represents our era. Remember when that was what made a great picture? The one defining movie. "The Best Years Of Our Lives" was a great depiction of life after return from war. What do we get? "American Sniper"? I read the book. What's interesting about this topic except the mentality it takes to see someone in front of their scope before you end their life. Do we want guilt blended with warfare? Modern warfare? Not my place to say. Then there's "Birdman." A movie about movie business. Only thing Hollywood loves more than holocaust and whores are movies about themselves. Michael Keaton's comeback. Never thought he was that interesting. He, did, however balance his dramatic roles with comedy really well in the 1980's. In all truth he was amazing in "Gung Ho." And I'm sure he was brilliant in "Clean & Sober" if I could ever find this fucking DVD under $20. Yes, this fucking movie, you can't buy for under $20. This would be a standard fucking definition transfer. We're not talking anything special. Fuck you Warner Bros.

I like movie like "The Grand Budapest Hotel." So goofy fun. There's no agenda. No politics. Just silliness.

Don't get me started on cinematography. I long since signed off on this bullshit. "Gravity" winning was an absolute joke. Lighting a greenscreen is stupid. People who voted for this are stupid. We're all stupid.
Fuck the Academy Awards.
That said, I'd like to win one day, so I can tell them all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment