Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Support System

I think part of having family close-by is a nice concept. Even moreso if you're within walking distance from each other. I think we do need support groups. In Los Angeles, you can really get into your mind. And stay there for a while, until you forget how to talk to people.

I was more outgoing when I was younger. I think a part of that is because you do condition yourself to be more weary. That's not a great thing, but sometimes it can be a protective thing. People have a way of surprising you.

I recall dating this girl a few years back who was born and raised in Los Angeles. Arcadia/Monrovia to be more accurate. It's not really L.A. in terms of feel because it's very suburban with trees, yards...and nearby family. Her Mom lived in the city. And at any point she could drop in and have a meal or a chat. I do miss that. When a group of us would go to the chili place and rap about stupid things. I find, as I'm off the sauce, less interesting. I think a lot of my drinking removed a bit of my filter of nonsensical speak. I dunno. Sometimes I found my arrogant stupid quips entertaining. Certainly others would object.

I guess what my point is to the young people out there...be more cognizant of the people in your life who are support systems. People gravitate to those who reach out, have a passion in life and drive and heart. They really want you to succeed.

And don't punish yourself too much for the mistakes you make. If you've learned from them, the simple act was priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment