Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Slow Down

I was talking to a friend recently, and we both agreed that it was probably good that Los Angeles closed down a while and slowed. I think this city (probably like New York) doesn't understand the concept of rest. I certainly didn't. Even when I was supposedly resting, I was doing things. Slowing down was the best thing that could happen to this city. Because it forced us all into a common goal. To live. A lot of people took that opportunity to screw over their fellow citizen and hoard supplies (which, by the way, from my standpoint at the store, they're usually the welfare cases...in other words, hoarding with our tax money). Others stepped up and did great community service work as donating meals to children whose sole nutrition came from school (which had been closed, most likely for the year).
The virus made us all really hit the breaks on our lives. I know in Los Angeles, we rush everywhere...if not to beat traffic, because we over stretched in our schedules. Families and friends to contend with. I'm astonished anyone can have a normal life (tranquility).
This hustle and bustle of Los Angeles desperately needed to pause. Though it probably caused great anxiety now as (if you own your own business) people are considering their options about their own economy. For those with nothing, this means very little. With those with anything it means something, Those with nothing continue to live their lives. Selfish as it may seem, they always look out for number one. It's simple, they've been learning how to survive since childhood. "Get them before they get you." That isn't my philosophy, though I live a solitary life, I constantly wonder what I can do to help. Which I've done what I can. Those in L.A. who have barely survive can only maintain their survival.
We were too comfortable in our buzzy state. Schedules, deadlines, being pushed here then there. This slowed us down to think now. Many probably now realize what or who is most important in their lives.
This is a good thing coming out of this chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment