Saturday, April 25, 2020

Born Again

I think you'd be surprised to discover how many people in Hollywood are born again Christians. You know people like Kirk Cameron, since he makes movies about them. But, you ever go to the movies and see a movie trailer that seems sort of...well...religious.

That's because that is the influence born agains actually have. These fuckers have money. Probably neck and neck with the gays. Though gays are much more readily acceptable than born again Christians. Also, there sometimes is an overlap. Yes, you can be gay and Christian. Or vice versa. There is a gay church in Hollywood. It's where they filmed the "Enchantment Under The Sea" scene from "Back To The Future."

The Christians are rich out here. There is a Beverly Hills Christian Church I once went to to film some behind-the-scenes stuff. The place had to run sermons in waves because they had a congregation of 3000+. These are the people who aren't necessarily heads of studios, but they are powerful people.

Maybe you wouldn't be too surprised, since this place is full of godless heathens. Which is fine too. As Bart Simpson once said "all the great music is associated with Satan." But many are repenting for the shitty reckless lives they lived prior to being a Christian. So they go over the top. Because most addicts' mode is "all or nothing." I consider myself under that category. I can either drink until I can't drink anymore and not drink at all. I chose the latter. I think that's true with pretty much everything I can be passionate about. So people like me have to regulate what we take in. I chose exercise and film cameras. That keeps my mind busy. Also blogging helps.

So, the thing about born again Christians is that they are annoying. Because they found a path to their own poor choices in life, they nag you incessantly about yours. In a sense my blog does that, but at least you have a choice to read this or not. I found a better way to do something. Or easier. Or give you some food for thought. I'm not the Little Buddha guru who tells you to believe in yourself and the rest will come. That's what the homeless population of Los Angeles are built on. This complete bullshit concept that you are unique and deserve everything if you believe. They forgot to tell you to get off your fucking ass and hustle. And take the emotional punches. I hope I've expressed that.

I know a bunch of you are atheist types, because you question the logic of a puppetmaster in the sky. I don't either. But I am spiritual. And we are one with this existence. And our conscience living is what makes this even a reality. And everyone has their own book to complete.

The day I had my horrific accident, I did conclude real fast that life is quick. And that reset button is a traffic light away. Always. Many of you are embracing the life given and not wasting a minute. Others wander like it'll last forever.
Even though I tell you your chances are slim to none. This is probably a much more fun way to go about life.

No comments:

Post a Comment