Friday, June 5, 2015

We Have To Get Out Of Our Own Way

Sometimes I think, in the effort of doing something noble, we forget we're risking complete and total meltdown of society. It's great we have a kind spirit (not me, but some people), but oftentimes people can justify THE STUPIDEST thing.

Take gay scout leaders for example. Personally, there has been gay scout leaders since I was in Boy Scouts. Sure there are now. Never once did I get molested. Most of them probably felt sorry for me that my pop was too busy dealing with working to go on retreats. Prime for the molesting. Nope. Gays aren't deviant molesters.

So, that's all good. But to make it the prime focus of allowing gay scout leaders is so counter to what we should be focused on. Who brought this into the spotlight? NOW you have people pissed to no end grousing about gays in the the Boy Scouts. Some, such as myself, think it's like bringing a lion to a steak buffet. But that's me. I'm not going to change my thinking, but it's still goofy thinking. But some take it more seriously. Especially if their kid is in that troop. Listen up, homos, you will NEVER change that person's opinion about homosexuality. Ever. They can tolerate it, accept it, be at arms length, but the minute you introduce it in front of their child, you really see where the rubber meets the road. And you aren't solving it in the short period of time in scouting.

My suggestion is shut up about it. If you want to be accepted, be reserved and quiet about it. Same with the Jenner thing I mentioned earlier. In my case, as an Asian dude, it's hard to hide who I am. If Asians were banned from leading scouts, I'd find other things to do. It's not like those options are the end of my life. Some people make the tiniest slight a march on Washington. Fuck them if they don't accept it. But do it under the radar. Otherwise you really risk pissing people off.

Forcing your lifestyle on others isn't the quickest way to acceptance. We just have to get out of our own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment