Friday, June 19, 2015

I Will Never Own A Gun

My Lebanese mechanic calls me an idiot for saying this to him. They're a colorful bunch. Very little filter. He was in the Lebanese war, for which I didn't even know there was a war. "WHAT they teach you in schools, my friend?"
"Well, grammar for one. And something called American Revolution for the other."
"You don't understand, my friend. There is gonna be World War III" (and this time it's personal) "when Russians are upset, they're not right in head. Get a gun my friend" (he lifted up his sleeve to show a few bullet wounds on his forearm) "Shot three times, see..." I couldn't tell if he may've done that while drunk in some Syrian dive bar. Didn't want to open up that can.

I had to tell Billy (yeah, that's his name) "I hate guns, I'm an angry person and I'll fly off the handle and regret it. I'd rather fist fight" He laughed. Hard. And long. Too long. "My boy, you will be the first to see, how humanity is with life." Which is when he went into another rant about "the blacks." He predicted the Ferguson thing but was wrong that it would reach Van Nuys, California. He claimed "the blacks" in our neighborhood would start burning and killing. He's a very dramatic guy. Friendly enough, but weird.

Frankly, I don't want a gun. Don't need one. I know I am one of those types that would wave it around, because I'd think it were funny. Children shouldn't own firearms, and I have the mind of one, so it's stupid of me to even carry. But Americans love them. Protect them at any cost. This dumb retard who killed those people in church...his family more than likely defended his right. Same "right to bear arms" that kills many people domestically. People argue cars do the same. Kill more people than guns. I'd say, at least cars are much more utilitarian and give you a sense of pride. Having many guns makes you look nuts.

I might've mentioned this before, but my high school friend's Dad, a surgeon, had guns in his house. So much for his Hippocratic Oath. Not sure what his paranoia was, other than an Asian guy in Ohio with a family, conjured up hillbillies (even though they lived in the richest part of Cincinnati). Came here from Canada of all places. Must've watched too much television and put the fear into him. The guy died of cancer a few years back. Funny how we haven't discovered a weapon for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment