Friday, June 26, 2015

I Really Don't Understand This

My friend from college is about to have another child. Atop of this, he has a mortgage on a home and owes a six figure sum to college. His job, is however, NOT six figures. So, it makes me believe, there will be a moment when this dude cracks. His wife is nice enough and sweet. But sweet isn't going to bale them out of bankruptcy. Which still doesn't erase student debt. We can all live like this for so long, but it does start to break at the seams. Especially when you are desperate. I don't ever want to put myself in this position. This is a no-win. Because, I don't think your family will ever be happy. And there is no solution to a life that you live for others. It just doesn't make any sense to stretch yourself so very thin.

I guess if you do have two incomes, it alleviates a little bit of it. But that is at the limit. If you take home just enough to pay bills, any delineation from this could be disastrous. As I'm sure he realizes, which keeps him up at night.

I rarely hear him talking about his financial woes. When he does, he seems to believe it's manageable. Call it blind optimism. It is a massive sacrifice to which holds admiration for the moxie it takes to undertake this much at once. I'd be so stressed, I'd probably turn to crime, just so I can get some rest in prison.

No comments:

Post a Comment