Thursday, June 11, 2015

The Curious Case Of Allison Ng and Cameron Crowe

I wanted to address the hub-bub about the super white girl playing a Asian mixed race character. Emma Stone to be specific:
better than Mickey Rooney in "Breakfast At Tiffany's"

I don't really care for Cameron Crowe movies. They're pretty syrupy. Most of his actors are lily white. I mean...Hollywood shiksas. That's the world his mind works in. And if you consider that he is "old Hollywood" it makes perfect sense. Back then, people of color and whites got along, as long as the whites were the main characters. I've NO problems with that. In fact, when I was in film school, it seemed I shared a similar mindset. My Disney-esque movies portrayed lily white Americana. Because that's what America looked like, for nostalgia sake.

So his movie "Aloha" came under huge fire for casting Emma Stone as Cauc-asian. That's Caucasian and Asian. Not Caucasian (fuck you Letterman, my Uma/Oprah works). I think it's hilarious there are Asian folk up in arms he didn't cast a real Hapa (mixed race Asian). Fuck you people. I spent a great deal of time here (okay, a few minutes) bullshitting about how our people have bigger fish to fry than a stupid fucking movie, and they kick it over by putting up a stink about the representation of a white girl. Damn, you assholes proved me wrong. We really are just as petty as Al Sharpton.

My point being is that movies are the world created by the director/writer or whoever. This is THEIR money used to make THEIR movies. You wanna make a movie, spend YOUR money and cast Asian people with Caucasian names. Doubt you'd hear any shit. And I realize a lot of people will cry "there are so little parts for mixed race Asians" ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? Eurasians are stunning people. There isn't enough roles that aren't thrown at them (if they can act). Writers..nerds as they are, can't write MORE roles for this type of mix of people. My nephew, a hapa himself...and if he was motivated, could get into movies without a problem. He is UNIQUE. He's already a model and constantly gets call backs and, if he gave a shit, wouldn't hurt for work (note: he doesn't care).

And that is the point of Emma Stone being cast in this role. It was unique. The same people who complain about this bitch about how Hollywood does the same thing over and over again. Do you realize that you are the problem. So shut your fucking faces about it. Because I personally feel it was ballsy to do this. And I know Crowe can't say it, but you guys are bitch-ass pussies. Put your shit on the line and see if assholes wouldn't criticize you. Then see where you stand. So sick of this phony outrage over nothing. And I know who's doing it. ONE person for some Asian coalition (for which I won't give him the satisfaction of listing his name). He thinks he speaks for all Asians, though, he's a bitch. Some may think I'm a sell-out. Nope. I think we can achieve much more without being where we're not wanted.

As I've said before, if Hollywood doesn't want our ugly yellow faces on screen...GOOD! Let's do something else. Move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment