Friday, June 5, 2015

Caitlyn Jenner

I grew up with Bruce Jenner winning in the Olympics. Not sure what this is. It's hard for my brain to process because homeboy feels like he was born a woman but still has sexual desire for women. Okay. To make it public is where I get sidetracked.

Many people are calling her a "hero." And many other celebrities are saying that we should stop labeling this as a "heroic" act. I agree. We really should stop throwing around the term "heroic" or "brave" since this is something that has been haunting Jenner for some time now. It's not the dude saved a kitten from a raging flood. In fact, I'd argue it was a selfish act. Since he's really put himself and his family into a situation where they are despised by a certain group of people. Funny how people consider this "heroic" or "brave" since Mel Gibson virtually did the same thing by backing his father on his opinion about the Holocaust. Both are, in essence, a support of your true feelings. Or inner turmoil pecking itself out of you.

I felt the original Bruce Jenner. Jenner v.01 was far more heroic. The guy on the Wheaties box moved America. He shattered records, and I recall the guy just being America's champ. He really represented America to the world. In front of the world. Is he still this guy? No. Sadly that guy died the minute he interviewed on Diane Sawyer. Caitlyn Jenner would argue that guy died at birth.

Let people be who they want to be. That's cool. Do it in privacy. Give your family a break. When the media gets a hold of you, you KNOW they aren't the kindest. You paint yourself a victim this way. And gather the sympathy of complete strangers, who really could care less if you chop off your dong in the long run (see the Olympic comparison I did there). Don't fucking go on Vogue as a transgender forcing the kid in me to accept it. I don't. But that's your world.

No comments:

Post a Comment