Tuesday, June 9, 2015

McKinney, TX, Y'all!


Hot story coming out of Texas about a police officer that manhandled a black teenage girl in a bikini to the ground. The behavior of the cop was terrible BUT, some could argue that NOT being around this insanity may save you this aggravation later.
Let’s be clear. Black or white, teenagers are absolute shitheads. I’m not trying to be funny. Teenagers are total assholes. Why? Because you have hormones. That’s always going to be the case. However, you have to understand, there is also parenting involved. I personally don’t want to deal with your shitty teen. You shouldn’t have to deal with mine.
The events are hazy at this point, but what I can tell is that it was a typical party that went out of control. Which happens. I recall when I threw a party (mind you, I’m about 25 at the time) and it became a block party. We had people stretched from one side of the complex to the other. I’m sure our neighbors would’ve wanted to kill us…had they not been invited. They were there too. It was insane. People from my grad class along with who they invited. A TON of hot girls from school, of course guys would show up. It was out of control. I was so drunk, I lost count of the people there. Anyway, it got out of control. Cops were never called. But I can assure you, had they been called, I’d have shut it down immediately.
So, what happened here? It seems the neighborhood was predominantly white. It is a complex, of what I can assume were young families. The pool was specifically for that complex, but the neighbood kids sort of over-ran it. And not kids from their neighborhood. Which is where it gets bad. They were from what is known as “section 8” housing. This is specifically designed for lower income families where renters could get a break by renting to low income families. In this case, it was majority black.
So, a local resident saw the party getting out of hand. Loud music, teens swearing, causing ruckus, a typical party. Which is where the resident seemed to have mentioned that they were, not only lower income, but perhaps something about their race. This is when the girl had fired back about racism. Of course, Hell broke loose then.
Now, I’m all for civil rights, and the white lady who’d screamed this was in the wrong for saying things like this. But let’s not pretend we wouldn’t be feeling the same. We’re just too much of a pussy to admit we can’t always tolerate everyone. Anyway, a fight ensued, which is when the police were called.
In the incident, the teenage black girl was tackled to the ground, after resisting. Then two black teens came towards the officer, to which he pulled his firearm. BIG MISTAKE.
Yes, we don’t know what these two teens were capable of. But a cop isn’t going to wait to see. The immediate reaction of the cop was to draw on the boys. To which they took off. THIS is precisely what you could see happen to a Michael Brown. Like I said before, and I’ve said SO many times. Get away from this nonsense and you stay alive. Instead, no one really realizes the consequences. Not completely sure the boys even considered it. Just reacted. Whether they were there to help the girl or not, they put their own lives on the line. Let’s be completely frank here…they were idiotic. A) cop may have been in the wrong, but…I’d rather sort it out later…alive b) all good deeds don’t go unpunished. Now before you say “oh so you think cops can do whatever they want to anyone?” NO. They can’t. But I’d sure as Hell wouldn’t want to wrestle with ANYONE with a gun. Common fucking sense tells me also, this guy is licensed to shoot my ass.
Accountability needs to be instilled in our youth. This comes from the parents. And I am a little disgusted that they parents aren’t put into the hot seat.
In my day, I went to a public swimming pool in Cincinnati. I would say 90% Black. The absolute garbage that they spewed at me was terrible. I mean these were mean fuckers. Looking back, they were just kids. As I was. It steels you to society. As this was the 1980’s, we weren’t all PC at this time. My Mom was so sick and tired of the abuse my family was getting. For no other reason than we looked different. What did they do? They moved our asses out of there. The same could be said for the section 8 dwellers. The situation sucks with white folk. They don’t want you there. They don’t want you around their children. Well then…fuck them…make it better for yourself and accelerate OVER them. That’s what most Asians did. The leap frogged the system into something better for them and their kids. You can’t keep a can-do spirit down. The only person that hobbles your path is essentially, yourself. This is self victimization. These cries of “it’s so unfair.” And so forth, will fall on deaf ears. Why? Because living is tough. America was meant to be hard working people. NOT slow down the system so you can catch up. We’ve turned ourselves into that. Because it became too hard to put in a hard days of physical or mental work. Why do you think apps are so popular?
We get what we earn. Sometimes not, but we still press on
If I were the parent of the teen, I’d probably sit them down and talk to them about what the next step in life would be. Are we going to hate police (as they are necessary to society) or are we going to make it next time that we don’t put ourselves in that position?

Also, we should all stop looking at 15 year olds in bikinis wrestling with cops. Unless you pay for it. I believe in the integrity of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment