Monday, February 20, 2017

"Timecop" Predicted A President Trump Type

At 28 minutes 38 seconds in the 1993 movie "Timecop" a senator's aid is rattling off numbers to  poll which talks of his popularity amongst surburbia but not so much in "urban areas" he's gaining popularity in pro-life, pro-death penalty coalition, and with a "Close our Border America for Americans Anti-American Immigration faction".

There also 4 other references, including a moment when he talks to an advisor and declares that people don't care about issues or truth, they only care about money. Which is what Trump seems to have followed the same philosophy.

Of course, if I saw this, billions of nerds must have saw it too. Sure enough...a video on YouTube drawing the same comparison.

This is early 90's political cynicism. We're in 2017.

What does that say to me? Exactly ehat I've been saying. The American presidency is not about doing anything for the people. It is about money. Trump is already rich and most likely rich people can never be rich enough. But he also has rich friends. Obama's story was much more digestible for the new softer world. With a friendly smile and a speech about love and tolerance, it placated the left. Much as Trump panders to the right.

I had always wondered where I decided the government isn't that interested in me. Only that I am some dollar amount or social security number they can fleece. I think Trump rhetoric is a massive rebound from too much kumbaya rhetoric.

Peace is the ultimate goal. We all live under the same sky. I have no beef with any religion, except the ones who want me dead. All religions tend to flow for the good. For the most part. Live with harmony with each other and ideas. The only argument I have with people is that they meet me halfway as much as I need to meet them halfway.

Trump isn't the problem. As historical relevance as silly a movie like "Timecop" may be..it still tells us the fundamental core of why we fight amongst each other is that we like conflict. Which is fine to admit.

No comments:

Post a Comment