Monday, February 6, 2017

Lady GaGa's Halftime Show

Her songs sound familiar as they are blasted through bars, gyms, stores and virtually every nook and cranny of your brain.

I'm old man Shitpants who don't really get it and don't care if I'm uncool that I don't.

Lady Gaga is a weird looking chick. I should be lucky to break off any of that. But she definitely reminds me of street. Some turn of the century face stuck in 21st century. And apparently she can sing. As if it mattered.

Her show was a spectacle. Dancing, prancing and fire. Everyone loves fire. She was somewhat channeling the late David Bowie though also fiercely competing with Tina Turner for wasteland minions.

The Black lady who sat behind me at the bar was yelling phrases such as "you go girl" and "hmm-mm..that's my girl." Which amused me. The long reach of music extends to everyone. Which is Gaga's message. Everyone is equal..ahem...if you like her music. She doesn't need a dope like me to care, though this new government regime we're dealing with now...those ideas are done for. You aren't that unique if you follow her army. And I'm not unique for going against her music. We're trying to make art that effects people positively. If people hold onto Gaga's message literally...great. This opens one up for massivr disappointment. But...if it inspires you to make your own art...it is invaluable.

Recently, I got an interesting message from a guy from New York who saw a short I did on film and felt he needed to write me to talk about film. I was moved something I did moved him. The community isn't as big as we realize. As humans we do exist to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment