Saturday, February 25, 2017

I Got Myself a Bike

"I got myself a bike" I blurted out to the cute Russian neighbor girl as she walked by.

She had earbuds on. She removed them and smiled "what?"
"I just got a bike" I said proudly like a retarded child.
She smiled again "it's very nice" her voice was elegant and deep. Much bigger than her frame. Like I imagine Natalie Wood would sound like.
"I hope to get one soon too" she continued.
"Ah, it's great" as if I just gave her the secret to happiness.
"You can go everywhere with one" she laughed. Clearly amused our conversation was banal.
"Totally" I concluded "well, see ya!"
A bright smile came across her face. Maybe uneasy a stranger was speaking to her, moreso a stranger that looked like me. She started walking. She took a few steps turned and said "have a great day!"

I beemed. Not sure why. But the warmth of a friendly smile. I took off on my bike. Nevermind it was a girl's bike. The wind on my face felt...great.

No comments:

Post a Comment