Sunday, April 24, 2016

Wrap "The Valley: Verse One"


With 300 feet of film at the lab (3 minutes of footage), it was a great day. We moved fast, though there wasn’t many people to move around. And that’s the way I liked it. Efficient.
The smoke was a grind. Because it wasn’t lingering in the places I really wanted it to. I couldn’t get the shafts of light that is prominent in Tony/Ridley Scott movies. How the fuck did they get it to just…sit in the air like that. Well, for one thing…industrial sized smoke...or bee smoke. But whatever. I’m pleased with what I saw through the lens. Even more, the feeling of making something. Like I said MAKING ANYTHING cures all your ills. Lately, I’ve been feeling really worn out. Tired and saddled with the spins. My neck and head hurt. And I fight fatigue. Probably because I don’t sleep all that well. BUT…just making something made today so worthwhile. If I could bottle that feeling up and sell it, you bet I’d be rich. It was only icing on the cake that we had great light, great weather, and it worked. What I saw, worked. And that’s all I could ask for. Did it matter I didn’t have the budget of a bigger movie. FUCK NO. The point was to make due with the location and film I had on hand. Let’s be honest, at this level, everything is a crapshoot, because there is no money to be certain. I get I’d be more stressed had it been studio money. But this is just us making something together. And a labor from love (rather “of love”).
The sense of accomplishment is immeasurable and it’s time to get this one cut and made and on to the next one. This type of making movies is what makes it fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment