Thursday, April 14, 2016

Too Big For Your Britches

The director was a bit standoffish at the party.
I found out later he was a directing a big-ish movie ($11 million budget). The project all but disappeared, and most likely ended his directing hopes (on this level anyway). At this point, guy won't get calls back from any actor. And, trust me when I tell you, he had four or five heavy hitters, who any one of us would give an eye to if they'd be in a movie you wrote.

Here's a little excerpt from one of the more positive reviews:
This movie was horrible. It's shocking to take so many good actors and make them look like they should be acting in a school play instead of Hollywood.

This is my first ever review and I felt I owed it to the public to help save themselves.besides for the horrible acting there was nothing in the plot that made sense. Nothing in the Way each actor reacted to their situation would have ever happened

Even the final twist which is supposed to be so shocking that you never saw coming is because it never made sense to ever have happened.

Please don't waste your time go watch the Kardashians. You'll feel smarter.


Ouch.

I understand clearly why people who make movies sometimes DON'T want to promote themselves that heavily. It's that it builds people into enjoying your demise. Which is a kinder way of saying...we're playa' haters. But that's the business. Even some of my good friends in movie biz like to see me knocked down a few pegs. Because any of my success would mean they've failed. That's the life it really is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment