Saturday, April 9, 2016

I H8 Tech

Yep, here I am again...bitchin' and whinin' about 'lectronics, though I'm writing on a laptop on wi-fi. Fuck my world, right?
I really streamline as much as I can with the buzzes and bells. I don't have a smartphone per se. It's meant to be smart, but I don't do that shit.

Someone asked me about that one time. The world is moving forward and you're being left behind. Am I?

Maybe. People send references and clips and in order to function nothing can wait a few minutes. It has to be seconds. I'm WAY too fucking old to deal with that type of speed. People don't linger anymore. If you don't linger you don't see your world, then you make a lot of assumptions.

I've worked on back to back to back projects lately, and speed is the name of the game. I get panicked when people don't get things when they want them. You are essentially at the mercy of that world. Is it a wonder people disappear into the mountains for some time?

Distractions don't pare down, by the way...they amp up. When I get something I can have in seconds, I need it in milliseconds. It's not enough. We use to have to wait hours to get a simple jpeg. God forbid the whole shitshow goes down. Then what? Even something as dumb as a server crash sends people in a tizzy. The point is to be a human being and NOT an automaton. I force myself to surround myself with nature, as best as I can. And just look up in the sky. Why not? It's where my brain is the most active. I write and write as much as I can, because...well, the faster world has passed me years ago, and well, why keep running this insane race when I can now calmly walk through the woods, at my own pace.

It's liberating when you can feel a sense of marching at your own tempo, instead of being dragged into the blob.

No comments:

Post a Comment