Friday, April 15, 2016

Four Hours Of Sleep

So it goes like this: I wake up, go to gym, park car at Metro station then take subway to downtown for jury duty. Then return to metro station (20 minutes), then get back in car and drive down to Hollywood where I work. Then stay there until 10PM.
A light schedule. In the meantime, I can't really function except to feel like I'm being tugged in different directions. Such is the life of one is forced to deal with the public.

But that's okay. I'm not really complaining. Being busy is actually nice since it burns up the day pretty fast. When I'm writing scripts, you have a lot of time to think. Too much time actually. And if you get into your own head too long, you find avenues to dumb it down (drugs or alcohol). Boredom works in odd ways. With people whose children live with them, boredom isn't an option. Or maybe it lasts about 5 seconds. If your day isn't dictated by the law, you do have a lot of time to fart around. But I'm one of those people who allow momentum to slingshot into my life. I didn't get home until 10:30PM last night, but didn't really sleep until 11:30PM.

I have a co-worker who is a little over 50 and requires a day to adjust. I get it. It's tough on the brain to start and stop. I think ER doctors have this punishing lifestyle. Power nap when you can. I have adjusted to that a little. But even as I'm forced to be here at jury duty, my mind wanders, as it's prone to do because of boredom. I think sleep is overrated, but then again, there's not all that much to dream about anymore, since I'm pretty much living it.

Not bad for four hours of sleep a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment