Sunday, October 30, 2016

The Collapsed Ceiling

I could go on and on about the stupidity of my landlord...or slumlord. But it's not about that. This is about my neighbor upstairs.

Essentially, he is a blustery old man sick of society. A true conservative who has a lot of opinions and dissatisfied with people. He is angry and loud. What I didn't expect was that he is a coward.

I got into an argument with the landlord as to how many times I've warned them about the bathroom ceiling and how bad it was going to get. He pushed back with his own accusations that he did whatbhe could. That's a pilebof horseshit. He had his maintenance guys comes through and paint over cracks. I've repeatedly warned them. On the phone. Maintenance continued to stand by their assessment. And I continued to warn them. To a point where I am convinced they thought I was a nutjob. Worst...that they said they did something and didn't do it. I eventually threatened them, with the fact I was documenting everything on video and photoa. Frustrating. I really want to unleash the worst of the worst of choice words on them. So...here I am now with a collapsed ceiling.
So I did unleash my anger. I berated them for their incompetence. He accused me of not having training for knowing construction. Eventually he knew he had no ground since proof was blasted all over my bathro floor.

When Dan...the owner showed up and saw the damage. What could possibly be going on in his mind other than his negligence caused this. Oh boy...I lipped him. While my neighbor upstairs...which this effects him just as much...remained quiet. What the flying fuck happened to the blustery angey White guy entitlement. I was expecting him to chime in, easentially vindicating our displeasure with this treatment. In fact....he was the first person who drew my attention to the owner's cheapness.
There he was. Standing there and silent. No anger, folded arms placating the owner. That we would have to use a different bathroom. He nodded silently. My neighbor is a spineless worm. When push came to shove...he folded. Or tucked his tail. I think he knows too. Which really now makes sense. His bluster is to conceal how helpless he is. And...that is where I never want to be. I understand the fear. But something tells me...he feels he is constantly the victim. I pity him. He literally has nothing left to lose, but won't stand for his dignity. I mean...what is left if you don't have that.

No comments:

Post a Comment