Monday, October 24, 2016

One Day I Knew I Was Going To Have To Move To L.A.

God...why?
I've heard this phrase a lot, lately. Not that I would begrudge anyone who is that determined, BUT...in my day that made sense. 16 years ago you HAD to be here if you want to make movies. Today...not so much. You can make them anywhere. With less jaded people and more enthusiasm. Every town has their micro-Hollywood. But...I know...you're too cool for them

My biggest confusion is...do people follow the trades. Very little ia actually being done in town. I mean, if you are starting out, a smaller venue makes a ton more sense than kicking and suffering in L.A. That is not to discourage anyone from trying out here, but I really assumed the luster of making movies here was dead and buried. In hindsight, much can be done in a place where there is very little being done. I'm not entirely sure people understand the pool they're leaping in. Also...what bugs me...the pre-millenium fun in this town is over. We use to run roughshod on Sunset Boulevard (lost my wallet at Crazy Girls). It's much more quiet now. And it seems the younger crowd prefers the occasional game of Yahtzee over...say crashing a open bar party at Formosa and puking outside the House of Blues (closed).

I don't want to constantly warn people that what you see on t.v. isn't what you get. Then again...I am curious how a nice, seemingly polite person gets turned into a monster overnight.
Guns N' Roses are gone folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment