Tuesday, October 25, 2016

At The Ground Level

If you've read my blathering thus far, you know I'm cranky when it comes to the people of Los Angeles. They're self-centered turd phony gangstas'. The rest are dullards. Which is why I function well here.

But, I've been taking the bust lately, and I've got to admit...it's changed a bit of the perspective of L.A. for me. At least my commute from the San Fernando Valley to Hollywood. I've seen people be polite, offer old lady seats. Say "excuse me" or allow others to pass. Yes, there are the occasional dickholes who get on the bus and attempt to draw attention to themselves. Such as rapping to themselves. Or playing loud music. But all in all, not the biggest gripe I have. In fact, I've seen more kindness in the trenches than I have at work. Which may explain, as my friend has said, that when you are in a car in L.A. you wake up angry, get in the car angry, drive angry, and work with other angry people. On the bus, you HAVE to face humanity. I could drive my car now, but something about being at the ground level has lessen my disgust for humanity. People look at one another. And talk sometimes. Not that much, but sometimes. And they treat each other...not well, but with respect. I think because no one knows who is angry or not.

And, of course, you get pushed with the wave of humanity. But watching people is pretty interesting and has been giving me more time to think about stories. Instead of stressing out about traffic.

It's a nice change of pace. And I'm saving a little bit of dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment