Thursday, November 26, 2015

Katherine Timpf: Kat To Her Friends


Kat Timpf (Kat to her friends) hosts a late night Fox show. When I mean late night, I actually mean early morning. I think it’s a satirical show. So she says. But I believe her. I mean, who doesn’t want laughs when they’re hung over? She was quoted as saying that “Star Wars” nerds…she doesn’t like. She thinks she’s better than that and sees anyone playing with those little glow sticks as comical and she would rather focus on being popular and attractive. I’m paraphrasing here, and most likely sounds funnier than what was written. And so she got death threats…from nerds. Some really cruel trolling, like someone wished she’d died of the same disease her mother had just recently passed away from. Because of their criticism of a movie with puppets. Seriously.
Her response to it: “I have never had any interest in watching space nerds poke each other with their little space nerd sticks, and I’m not going to start now. You people are crazy. You Star Wars people are crazy. Yesterday I tweeted something, and all I said was that I wasn’t familiar with Star Wars because I’ve been too busy liking cool things and being attractive"
Nerds are…well, they sort of run the planet now. If you think about ISIS, they are the nerdiest of the nerds. They read scripture. Are unwashed and have a loyal following of role playing. Except with the general people’s lives. Also, all the tech geeks and whatever.
The point being, Timpf didn’t build up enough comedy credit to really put something like this out there. Someone like Amy Schumer. And she is no Sarah Silverman. Timpf is blonde, sort of dorky looking herself, and a Fox news employee. None of this adds up. But what does is that, she gets massive exposure now. People know who she is, since nerds network like you wouldn’t believe (I guess it’s pretty obvious). And to me, that’s great exposure for her. She’ll just have to ignore the bad. Ask Kardashian…they all seem to be cool with whatever is being said or written. Not a bad way to go to get viral.
This type of phony outrage is similar to Cecil the whatever it was thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment