Monday, December 22, 2014

Happy Holiday, Ya' Heathens

I use to go to Christmas get-togethers at church. Yes, THAT church. The church that had hymns and goodwill and warm fuzzy feeling. Jesus. People are nice to each other. It's a ton of people talking about their lives. AND, a day where all bygones were bygones. But that was a huge pile of horseshit. The church I went to were catty fuckfaces. Chinese folk, predominantly. The problem with Chinese Christian church is that they are balanced between two worlds. One is the world that tells you to be kind to one another, to accept each other, to never judge. The other is a really ruthless money hungry social class ogre that rears its head every time someone has it better than them.

This is what I grew up with. And Christmas at church always reminded me of these two-faced shitheads. A chance for parents to compare each others' children. The piano-off between Asian kids is sickening. Thank God they never expanded to the violin. It's really catty. The best part...you'd never know it. Chinese folk come at you with grins. The more they grin, the more they hate your fucking guts. The more polite they are, the dumber they think you are. Chris Rock has a bit similar to it. The old racist black guy. Comes at you friendly, as you walk away, has to spit out his disgust for having to kiss your ass.

I do like Christmas though. Use to be one of those holidays where I could get blasted drunk and forget about the pissy year. This year...it hasn't been so bad. I've done a lot of things I can be proud of. I hope you all feel the same way too.
Merry Christmas!
(through a grin).

1 comment: