Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Time


Time cracks me up. Most people spend so much time marking it with no real discernible direction. If you’ve not spent your time wisely, you’ve wasted it. So weird. Time is only a barometer to gauge your mindset…I think. Too many people get desperate over it, instead of focusing on what I feel is more essential: accomplishments.

In movies, people are interested in youth. I think a lot of that has to do with your brain functioning at higher rate. A brand new car will travel much further. So it’s all an investment. Most older people in this business are really embittered. That’s the second part. Most of the time who people work with are very easy going people. If you’re going to spend a great deal of your day on set, you want someone who entertains you. Or is interesting. It’s a grind. Hurry up…wait. The mindset of a lot of producers/studios, old people are going to give you headaches. I find it not to be true. But that’s me.
Back to time. Time, to me, isn’t all that important. Time in the sense of marking your beginnings and ends anyway. I don’t own a watch. But I’ll say this much…if you give up the time between the time the sunrises to when it sets, it better be worth something.  Most people go through life allowing that precious “time” go. There is an very interesting quote (from Benjamin Franklin) in front of “Gone With The Wind” which said “don’t squander time, it’s the stuff life is made of.”  I think you’re a fool if you let the day go and NOT make something. ANYTHING. Or make your “time” worthwhile. If you’re suffering through a job you hate, I don’t understand this. It’s really unreal people do spend so much doing things for others (unless it’s altruistic, which is cool). But VALUE VALUE VALUE your efforts in life. Being in the service of others when you put your own life on hold isn’t going to make you happy. Do for yourself. It’s worth the sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment