Monday, December 7, 2015

Obama's Speech to Am'orica


I won’t hit on the hot points, only that it is very easy now looking back at all the tragedy to say a lot of the things now. He addressed a lot of my own prejudices. My distrust of Muslims. But, yeah, it hit me that I probably should not be that distrustful. It’s like knowing someone who won the lottery and assuming I’m going to win (if any analogy can be bestowed upon it). I’m not telling any other American to believe that all Muslims have terrorists beliefs. It’s pretty easy if you have disgust for our lifestyle. Shit, it drives me nuts looking at the Kardashians. If only my hatred of those train wrecks would extend to the rest of America, I’d be a happy man. I’d be the ISIS of Kardashians. But I think I should just let them sink themselves. Also, I think Satan already has dibs anyway.
I think what bothers me most are the questions that are left on the table after this San Bernardino tragedy. You can’t just pinpoint a group of people. This appeared to be a triggered event by someone who became really radical and that it hit so close to home. Some of my co-workers irritate me, but never in my mind could I ever draw a weapon against them. Mostly because I HATE guns (as mentioned before). There is one dude who loves guns. Early of our time together, I recall getting into debates over it. There isn’t a reason for this nerd to own a firearm. My guess is that he’s just a sad piece of shit who thinks the world is against him. I sometimes think the world turns on me, but a gun is just WAY too easy in the hands of dumb people. You really should have to take a test to own a gun. It may sound stupid but we take a written test and a driving test to drive a car. It obviously doesn’t stop the black market sales, but it does validate legit owners. And yes, I get that you gun nuts staunchly believe it’s your patriotic right to own a firearm. I don’t think the forefathers really understood the ways we stupidly could’ve turned our constitutional right. People should realize our right to live should trump your right to own a gun.
I’m just sick of seeing innocent people suffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment