Monday, December 7, 2015

Cornball Benefits

U2 went on stage in Paris, having been less than a month from the terrorist attack. And brought along Eagles of Death Metal for an F.U. to terrorism.

You should really listen to their music before being so...corny.

If I'd been a Parisian having paid to see U2 and this band came on...well...not sure they're ready for round 2. The name itself...I sort of remember it somewhere. Then realized the guy who trained me in post work had shot one of their music videos a LONG time ago. They've been around a long time and haven't gained any traction in America, but traveling to Paris, I figure...the band could've been any touring saps who made it overseas. They're okay, but I get the sense it's more about the title. Or the ex-pats from America went to see them. Or they're bigger hipsters in Paris than in Oregon.

It just struck me as funny when U2 would never miss an opportunity to get on their soap box. Was it a good deed? Of course. Not that U2 ever needs anymore publicity, but it felt self serving. I sincerely doubt any Muslim radical looks at this as a slight. And you know Bono knew the traction this would get. But anyway, happy they can get on stage again.

No comments:

Post a Comment