Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Carrie Fisher: Age Shaming

I think she aged well, considering the insanity her life has gotten since being in a slave girl outfit. How can we hate Jabba over that?

Anyway, she took to social media to bust people for debating whether she aged well or not. In a movie. About space. Really? She is the person who she is...just older. Who cares? I love that she e en returned. After massive success as a screenwriter. I will say it is an indictment of growing up in the spotlight of two famous people. But, I think she really did well for herself.

I wouldn't want anything to do with being judged by my looks. I'd be fucked. In fact, at work...I constantly defend my disheveled look by admitting how poor I am. Who cares? I care more about spending money on cool shit. Appearances mean a lot to people. I would say, back in 1983 when "Return Of The Jedi" was made, there was no social media. We can only assume in our heads what people thought. Now, you can read a blog like this and really know. I guess. I could be lying.

I love Carried Fisher. She's witty, acidic and cantankerous. What she's really saying is, people shouldn't deal with good or bad how she's aged. I know a bunch of us support her no matter what. I've always known her more as a writer than an actress. Since the roles she got as an actress were somewhat...dismissive. She's done so much script doctoring no one knows about. And I guess it's why she is paid what she's paid.

Is there a debate as to whether she aged well? It's a passing conversation if anything. We can't change that in our nature. It's weird to think you can.

Anyway, much love to her return to Star Wars universe. I got misty when I saw her and Harrison Ford together. Call me a sap.

No comments:

Post a Comment