Friday, July 10, 2015

Self-Affirmation

My sister's online friends post a lot of mantras to life. A lot of them seem to wish for things in their lives, but none seem to activity participating. Maybe they're voicing their wishes out loud in which to activate that part of them that pushes them forward. A lot of them post empowerment phrases, with images that show the tough women they are. I think the gist seems to contradict the message. For instance, "A Woman's Virtue Is To Guide to Her Own Life" and there's this image of a trail and whatnot. Then the next one posted is an image of a shirtless oiled up guy. The best response I saw from this image was from the poster's daughter, to which she simply implied "Really, Mom?"
That cracked me up.

I think we all need to give ourselves a pep talk when we can. People really don't have energy to pep themselves up let alone you. So very seldom do people give you the rah-rah speech, on a daily basis. In some ways, I hope some of you who read this do get some motivation. Because I do believe in the human spirit. I think a lot of my disappointments are when I see people give up (myself included). Having a substance abuse problem, is like giving up. If you can't face your day to day...I can't think of a easier way to make it go away. But that's not the answer. It takes an initial first step out of that door. I know. I drag ass until I get a nice trot. Then that becomes a gallop easily. An hour into anything, I do wonder what was so vexing to begin with. Enthusiasm goes a long way. A bigger motivator is just to get something done. Getting to feel a sense of accomplishment. That goes to all out there that want to push their lives a few inches up a rung. It's only a step. Which is strange how big it seems when you would rather just slide down. We're all too good to let that be the answer. So move up at the quickest pace and pretty soon, you'll see inertia work in your favor. That's just basic physics.

No comments:

Post a Comment