Saturday, July 18, 2015

Post Production Brain


I know how I’m going to open my short film. The first image popped into my head one day, and when inspiration strikes, it’s difficult not to jump on the idea. It was almost a domino effect, since I envisioned it almost immediately. Whether or not it plays is an entirely different beast. But, I can sense the pieces falling into place. As far as the footage I’ve seen. I know there are going to be some bumpy moments, but as long as I end the film on a high note…a hopeful one at least, people will go away having been okay with the story. That’s the goal, leave with a solid movie that people don’t feel so bad about. And NOT because I need to be audience pleaser, but because I feel story needs hope. Too many low budget flicks like to fuck with people in a somber way. Even the lifelong cynic Billy Wilder, with a brutal eye towards companionship did a “shut up and deal” heart tugger at the end of “The Apartment.” I guess that’s what I’m going for here.
Onward to post-production.

No comments:

Post a Comment