Monday, July 20, 2015

Residual Effects Of Filmmaking

On the last day of shooting my short film, I was on top of a hill and backing up with the 50 lbs. camera when I tripped over something metal stuck in the ground. Initial instinct was to save the camera. So I fell backwards. Unaware there may've been more metal around me. The camera's magazine knocked me in the head, and the weight to of the camera and magazine pinned me to a ground. Now, at one point in my life, I was able to bench press 200 lbs. For whatever reason, call it shock, this was too much. Finally another crewmember came over and took a bit of the weight off me. Enough to slide past it.

A week later, I feel what it actually did to me. I can't move my neck and it's hard to lift myself up from bed. At first I wondered if I was suffering from some bone deficient disease/injury. It took a co-worker to suggest that a fall like that, your adrenaline pumps added with the stress probably caused this to be more residual and upfront pain. So, a few weeks later the pain really presents itself. I think the same thing occurs when you go through a car accident. You don't really get the pain until your body powers down a little from the endorphins your body shoots out in order for it to brace itself. And it made sense.

I mean it makes more sense since it makes me feel better that it wasn't just so disease that I'll die from. It is massively painful though. But...such is art.

No comments:

Post a Comment