Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Moving Along On The Short Film

I've got a few scenes cut now...and to my surprise, things are working BETTER than what I'd expected. It's disjointed due to sound issues, but as far as performances go...I couldn't be happier. Most of you who do make movies, will understand when sound and picture are put together in sync, that's when you really see what you got, and what you didn't.

Maybe it was the heat last night, but as I was watching the first 6 minutes, I really got into it. There are beautiful nuances, that...given I was watching framing, eyeline, remembering t-stops and lighting, is diluted. But the moments were spot on. I mean, on in terms of what was written. There are some solid moments I think are going to play really well.

I think it's also a good sign when I can go over the same footage over and over and see different things. In the past, I've hurried through not to get a cringing feeling. But...this time, it was comforting to see all the parts play the way they did in the script. Good or bad (script wise anyway).

The point was to make a real feeling film. Yes, it's got a strange scenario, but I'm excited to see what else I've got. Picture and sound, my friends, picture and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment