Monday, July 13, 2015

MLB All-Star Game In Cincinnati 2015

"Baby, if you ever wondered...wondered whatever became of me..."

If you're from the city of Cincinnati, you immediately know this first line.

It's been the bane of our existence. Anyway, it's cool having the MLB All-Star Game in my hometown. I get to see celebrities who walk the streets I use to haunt as a teen. Go to the ballpark I went to as a kid. And it's cool to see the focus on the Reds, that isn't followed with groans of disappointment. It's been those types of years now. Anyway, it's also cool to see celebrities (more recent ones) that are from there. Nick Lachey, Josh Hutcherson, Nick Lowe and so forth. Strange not to see George Clooney there, since he almost played for the Reds. Stranger to see Snoop Dogg there, since the Crips have adopted the "C" cap to represent their thuggery.

When I came out to L.A. I thought people in South Central were Reds fans. Little did I know.

I lost interest in baseball years ago. I played little league, but truth was, having balls thrown at you by some kid is nerve-wracking. I always had this unsettling feeling that at any point I'd get beaned and would have to be in the hospital for some time. I was a tough kid, but when it comes to things whizzing by me, I might as well have been a chick. I did well as starting batter. I always got on base. Never had the power for the dingers, but was squirrely enough to just knock the ball past the infield.

Those were good times. Being outside was a lot of fun. Got your vitamin D, and fresh air. What we all should be doing,

No comments:

Post a Comment