Thursday, January 14, 2016

Powerballs


The Powerball lottery drawing is tonight, and someone or someone’s are going to be massively wealthy. $1.5 billion. You want to talk about insane revenue into California…this is a windfall for all of North American.
I don’t think anyone is content with a lot of money. Life is comfortable after money but it still doesn’t say…get you peace of mind. If you are married, have close relatives, or have kids…it complicates a lot of things. Greed is funny. If a relative had won that much money, I just don’t think I could believe I am owed any of that money. A lot of people do. I think if I lived in Taiwan, my relatives would for sure believe they are entitled to it. Money is a centralized idea there. I’ve heard stories about some of my relatives.
It’s not that I have any issue with money. My biggest gripe is that everyone else does. Money just makes people so weird. And if it comes from not working and some windfall…I consider it weirder.
Money doesn’t make you live longer. Steve Jobs died young. You would think the time he spent creating technology to change the world, he could’ve spent finding cures for cancer. Obviously with money, he was able to die in a hospital instead of some alley.
Also, getting that type of money from luck, I don’t think makes people respect you. Chances are, people would be resentful. Not to say they wouldn’t take your money, just that you go to some fancy restaurant and they know you won the lottery, I think they’d fuck with your food. Or the valets would park your car in some shitty section. Or whatever. I don’t think people would suck up to you the way they would if you earned it. Stories are told about rags to riches from work, resentment towards just blind luck. I would imagine friends would see you differently. You’d grow paranoid of people you’ve just met. They would know you, you wouldn’t know them. And you would never be generous enough with your luck for their taste.
If you do win, I would say disappear. I think in this scenario, your faith in humanity would be tested beyond belief.

No comments:

Post a Comment