Tuesday, January 19, 2016

MLK Quotes...Stop It!

Are you sick of your friends posting quotes from MLK online? You know, it irks me for the simple reason that the guy probably didn't talk like that in real life. Or day-to-day. Sure they're pearls but if I gave a fuck, I'd search out his wisdom about humanity myself (which I had, for a book report in the fourth grade). I have access to Google. You don't have to remind me that I'm a piece of shit.

This blow-hardy need to quote the reverend seems...misguided. Half the shit he said never applied to me, the other half, he ripped from Gandhi. But whatever, having a day off is having a day off.

The other irritating thing about this, are the marches for awareness. I'm pretty sure EVERYONE is aware of the plight. What you're doing is blocking traffic and turning people against your cause. Because people have to work. Even if you don't. So this in-you-face marches are really pissing people off. A day off is a TON more appreciation for those of us who hate the office. And in that time off, I sure as shit appreciate it.

What do people expect us to do on this day anyway? Do you get like...a cake? Or put up lights or something? I think if his day was much more festive (instead of inciting road blocks) people would be seriously down for that. Like balloons and a picnic or something. Anything not to make it feel like drudgery. Just...help a brother out and nix the quotes. Start with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment