Saturday, January 16, 2016

Martin Luther King Jr.

Can you believe we lived in a world where a single man made this much of a difference?

Pretty cool. Now can you imagine ANYONE in that age group who gives a shit about policy anymore? At least willing to change it. We're a lazy, dumb lot...more concerned about social media than standing up for injustices. I'm not even talking about Black Lives Matter or the rancher in Oregon. Maybe a cause that means something. It may mean that we aren't as divisive as we want to believe. Or we've always been decisive. I'm not sure. I know we have a Black president, which is pretty badass, if you think any other Western country has not even entertained the thought of it. Think about that. Italy, France, Germany and the U.K.- we are the first, but we still get the shit for cops killing Black folk.

I don't think MLK would've been behind Black Lives Matter. It seems so...specific. MLK believed all lives mattered. That we have to work together to get along. He's like my supervisor above the manager. We have massive personality clashes, but the supervisor want us all to find a middle ground. Because we have to share the country.

The one thing I will interject this with is that life is unfair...for everyone. Sort of. Depends on what you think is "unfair." I was born short and brown. Is that fair? Not really. But I don't expect people to cater to my own biology. The sense of fairness and everyone equal does sort of go against our own capitalistic mentality. If I can't break more boulders to support my family, and a burlier dude can, should I be expected the same pay? Not really.

So I think we need to search within ourselves to define "fairness." At least when it comes to being honest. If you have no education...should you still be deserving of a well paid job? That's for you to decide. I know a lot of well educated people who wouldn't be happy with the investment they've made on that. But again, what is "fair."

No comments:

Post a Comment