Saturday, January 9, 2016

Golden Globes-Sunday

I don't fucking care about DiCaprio and his bear rape movie. Seriously.
There's been a lot of talk about the degree of what he's willing to do to get that elusive award. And the story behind the misery behind the shooting of "The Revenant" may go down as the next "Apocalypse Now" but whatever. It's "The Outlaw Josey Wales." RE-told like it was original. As it was based on a true story. Yeah, the frontier is all one big fucking true story.

I really hope "Carol" cleans up. Something about that movie. Maybe because it was shot in my hometown would draw light to the beauty of Midwestern architecture. There are some houses there that are true beauty. Plus it was shot on Super 16mm Kodak film. It's like a painting. I would think the press would for sure appreciate the topic as well. Forbidden love? Who knows?

Much like "The Martian" I really grew tired of the lone wolf tale. It was already done wonderfully as "The Castaway." We learn so much more of fundamental survival. And it was here on Earth. For some reason..."The Martian" needed to venture to another planet to share the same concept. And technology really failed him. Maybe because I think Damon just wasn't that convincing as a botanist.

Cate Blanchett, in "Carol" traipses through life as a rich lady's wife and has a dark secret from society. It's a story of class and acceptance. The men in the movie aren't bad people, they're real people. Listen, I'd be the first to shit on lesbians. Whenever I'm rejected by a girl, I assume she's a dyke. But this movie cut deep into deeper relationship of first loves. And lost. And hope.

In a weird way (bear rape aside) maybe "The Revenant" is also.

This would be the first year, I wouldn't mind seeing the women clean up the awards. Not because of anything political. But there's something arrogant about feeling you deserve the award because you eat fish heads and suffer the cold. Shit, "Nanook Of The North" should've been Best Picture then. It's about human mannerisms that mean more. I suppose if I were a 20 year old man, and divorce as it were, I would need to find male role model somewhere. Too bad it's DiCaprio. Also...the fuck do people see in this dude. It's always "DiCaprio playing ______ (fill in blank)." He's always THAT dude. You can't look past the beard, the cocaine, dancing and prancing. DiCaprio isn't a good actor. He's a star. There is a difference.

Go "Carol"

No comments:

Post a Comment