Monday, February 2, 2015

Da' Super Bowl: The Next Day

Wow. Just...wow.

An amazing game, that I actually stayed up for even though I had to be back at the office at 3AM. The ending was worth it. And for those who believe Tom Brady was a flash in the pan, whiny bitch, as I usually do, he proved he is now part of history. Montana won in the era of Jerry Rice. Brady won with no marquee receiver.

The first part of this, I'd predicted the Patriots to win. I should've been wrong. A long ball from Seahawk's QB sailed through the air and bounced to-and-fro into the hands of Jermaine Kearse at the 10 yard line. This sent an instant panic to the Patriot's, reliving two separate past nightmare scenarios where they played the Giants, The first time it was a miraculous catch by David Tyree. The second, a ridiculous catch by Mario Manningham. It sealed the Pats fate those two separate times. Malcolm Butler did his best, but you can't defend THAT.

A play call seconds before the end sealed the deal with the Seahawks. A very odd decision to throw the ball instead of use Marshawn "The Beast Mode" Lynch to pound through the line. I would estimate oh...10 million people all thought it was going to be a run. Instead, Russell Wilson tossed a hot slant route which was picked off by, who other than...Malcolm Butler, a rookie cornerback for the Patriots sealing a victory. For seconds he was the goat. Now he was the hero. Unreal.

This moment also gave Tom Brady his 4th Super Bowl. With Montana and Terry Bradshaw, he is one of the best. If not arguably, the best ever. I grew up in the Montana years where it was his name above all. It hurt, since he beat my Bengals in Super Bowl XVI. I couldn't buy into him or the 49ers. Hated them for years. Tom Brady's victory also felt like a chip was off my shoulder as well. Montana is still clutch and I still resent the guy, but...he's no Tom Brady.

This is the Super Bowl everyone had been waiting for. To the last seconds decides the victor.

What a game.

No comments:

Post a Comment