Monday, February 23, 2015

"Birdman" won Best Picture

I can go into a really long rant about how this straight to video movie won. But I'm not. Only to say one thing...if I don't like the result, I have to make something better or shut my fucking mouth about it. Which I intend to.

What I will say, after reading some topics about last night's events, is that it was a very lackluster show. Maybe it's my perception of movie awards. Or that I am still stuck in the past, but...didn't Oscars use to be about movies? This was about a lot of politics. I popped in and out and there were just too much going in terms of we black, we brown, we white, we mental, we...fill in your affliction. The podium became about getting your message out.

I HATE IT!

Get your award for a job you are overpaid for and get off the fucking stage. You make movies. Your stance on inequality can be posted in any other forum, but you take the moment to talk about Mexican causes or women causes or whatever. This is stupid! I would surmise you've pissed off 3/4 of America. But that isn't exactly your demographic is it? Let me give you an example...

Let's say I win a Caesar in France. I then give an impassioned speech about how great America is, and that there should be more American films made in France. What do you think they'd say? They'd shut that shit down faster than you could say "sacre le bleu!" I guess this to be the reason most American movies are thrown into the wood chipper in France.

So take your fucking award and be happy American film industry recognized you.

No comments:

Post a Comment