Monday, October 6, 2014

You Do What They Won't

The people who don't do shit in their lives will always be resentful to the ones who do.

I found myself sort of in between lately. I really feel motivated to do more things in terms of what I came out to Los Angeles to do. Conversely I'm too fucking lazy.

What I do realize though is resentment towards the people who have limitless energy and ideas to push forward with their dreams. To me, sometimes, I shit on about 80% of what pitch I hear. This has got to stop.

Why? Because someone is spitballing a ton of ideas, whilst I sit around wishing I could spitball. My motivation to throw out a hundred ideas so I can sift for one is dead. The energy it takes to do this seems to stem from a really young fresh mind. The ability to destroy it, comes from jaded cynical old person's brain.

Do you realize the odds of anything you do to generate millions of interest is slim to none? Everyone likes to think they have the freshest newest ideas. But, more than likely it's been done. If not better. This is the wall that most will hit once they get to be a certain age. So what ends up happening is, we hear ideas from younger fresher minds, and we scoff. Not just scoff but get really insulting. Nevermind that the newer fresher mind may put a different perspective on things. I mean, how many different versions of the story of Moses has been told?

My advice (to myself as well) is to stop killing ideas before they begin. Yes, your time is valuable. But if someone is telling you a story or some project they'd like to do, listen before you dismiss. Also, lose the resentment that comes with people "out there" doing things. You may say things like "Ah, it's just a stupid fucking YouTube video." But at least they're doing something. You're sitting at home with a thumb up your ass watching their video.

No comments:

Post a Comment