Tuesday, May 12, 2020

People Like To Argue

I get so much shit online for flexing my expertise on film related matters. I mean...FILM. Like in celluloid. I've been doing this for 20 years now, with over 100 credits to my name. Probably thousand by now. And yet...people still love to assert their "intelligence"
They probably are doing it to "impress" me or others. But, man...people are dumb. If I know someone has years ahead of me, I don't 2nd guess their expertise. I ask them how they drew that conclusion.
For those who don't want to fail in this business, ALWAYS ask questions first and save your opinion last. If not at all. Because, frankly, people like to hear that you care. How do they do that? By silence.

Any way, this last shit for brains offered a different solution to a problem with a camera. While his solution works, it ISN'T the easiest and most accurate way. But this idiot, who loves to bicker with me and has 1...yes folks, ONE whole production credit to his name supposedly is the expert. It baffles me these people. BUT it doesn't surprise me that he isn't doing much in this business. Chances are he annoys people. And that's another thing...don't annoy people...especially as a young person with your knowledge. Because no one cares about academia. Experience counts in the trade world. And while we should value it, somehow, these dummies in the shadow continue to exist to undermine.

My camera tech, that I use to fix all my gear. I only question him to get more knowledge. Never why he is doing something and ABSOLUTELY NEVER on offering a better solution. If I had any solution it would be to ask why it was done this certain way (to which he usually laughs and knows the person is attempting to cut corners). He has worked with the best in our business for decades. Do you think I ever question his methods?

While it's true, online, it's impossible to tell who knows what. But a simple investigation told me, this dude who loves to argue with me is so beneath my league.
Perhaps I should be the one to take the higher ground. Though his suggestions are poor and his decisions on other things I've seen, very bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment