Saturday, May 16, 2020

Obesity and CoronaVirus

So it's been written that apparently Covid really likes to pick on fat people too.
And, here we were celebrating thick ass Ashley Graham prior to that. She's big boned. And so forth. Great face, obese woman.

I know of two people who are obese. Possibly morbidly. They sweat when they breathe. They both had worked at a gym at some point. And they both get defensive when you bring up that their meal plan sucks. Notice I didn't say "diet."

Getting older isn't going to help. I was pretty ripped as a teen into my 20's because I was active. As I get older and more tired, I stopped a lot of that. I still went to the gym, but was very zombie like.

My typical conversation with either of these folks were for them to tell me what they're doing at the gym. See, the people who talk about it like they're gym rats, most likely have no clue and picked nothing up. Because, moron, you're workout doesn't work. You know what does? Eating right. That's it. And it sucks.
But then the defensive garbage comes out again... "oh no, I have a thin slice of chicken with rice and drink unsweetened soda water." Liar. You left out the late night binge eating of cookies and potato chips and trips to Arby's or salivating over pizza. You have no self-control. And I wished more people in America admitted to that. It isn't that hard. Women do it all the time. These stubborn dudes DO NOT understand their path isn't working and refuse to change. Because change takes work. And God forbid that happens. Because change also sucks.
And I notice this with a LOT of power lifters. One day they're yoked and sleep and pumped and whatever, the next, a tight upper body with a gut.
Step one: be realistic. Say it out loud "I am fat and I can't control myself through food" Stop pretending to eat healthy in front of us and then scarf down everything your fat greasy thick hands can hold. And don't blame your life either. We're all busy (-ish). It sucks to gnosh on cucumber chips. Or eat leafy greens.

Also, it's hard to argue with someone who has worked in a gym. Here's the problem...they know this fact. Everyone's body is different. And my workout routine doesn't work for what they want to do (which is get morbidly obese, apparently). The facts are, they are right in that sense. That their goals are about looking like power lifters and not sleek shrink wrapped cars. My own goals is to get shredded abs (like I once had). But not hurt myself over it. It's a work in progress. As of now, I am doughy and I admit it. I have no self control when it comes to Kentucky Fried Chicken or Popeyes. Fuck it's good.
But I've balanced it with salads and oatmeal. This is not an excuse, I STILL know KFC needs to be D.O.A. I just don't rationalize it away. Like "I ate KFC today, I can do the elliptical for 60 minutes and I'm good). No, you have no self-control and are a fat body.

I'm not sure many people in America do take it seriously. Considering we celebrated fat in 2019. If you shame them, you are seen as a monster. So enabling them apparently is the solution.

Stop with any excuse if you feel terrible about yourself. Obesity isn't...uh...healthy. Nor should you be okay with it. If you care to live long. Or maybe you don't.
I guess enjoying a bucket of KFC and a diet soda is living. See, there I go with rationalizing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment