Saturday, May 2, 2020

Greetings Loyal Readers and Future Fellow Sycophants

The thing about flattery in this town, is that it will get you everywhere.
Everyone is a suck up.
Because they lack self-esteem. However, once you get to a position of power...that's when that person does release their wrath. Harvey Weinstein comes to mind.
The reason why he wasn't caught earlier, is because Michelle & Barack Obama and Meryl Streep endorsed him. You want to be on the receiving end if you made accusations about him with these people?
It's because he gave so much money to put them in power. Meryl had her fading career as an older Lifetime movie lady. With Weinstein, she was lucky he didn't want to bang an older lady. So he preyed on her talent. And showered her with compliments and award pushes and so forth. These people knew about him. They don't get to where they are without vetting them to an inch of their lives. But they ignored it. And their careers went on.
A few of you would probably be saying "so? What could they do about it?"
Well, in the Obama's case, they let their daughter intern at the guy's company. Think about that. Young, supple teen around Weinstein. I mean, if anything reinforced the continual enabling of a monster, these people should be held responsible.

But it gets me to what you'll be seeing once you enter the business. A few of you will likely ignore it because your moral compass is fucked beyond repair. You all know who you are. And are willing to trade much more for so much more less. So I'll leave it at that. For the rest of you, it's that you can't move along unless you get along. And what grates me more about this fucking industry is that you have to suck up. In their minds, they justify it as "being nice." Phony eats at you (if you have a conscience). It goes against every thing you stand for. Justifying poor behavior is common place here. Raping young women (and men) in exchange for a role in a movie is actually a tradition here. People just accepted it. We told them if they didn't like it, they can go do something else. Which is also justifying that behavior. But in some ways very true. None of you need to be here doing this.

And everyone is suspicious of this behavior. I've had a few instances where I'd bring along an actress to put in a film and she thought I wanted to bang her. To be clear, I WILL tell you if I want to bang you. I trade nothing. But it's obvious most people in this town believe this. In the movie "Bowfinger" Daisy (Heather Graham) bangs everyone down the chain because she thinks they can help her career (thinly veiled joke on Anne Heche).

So for the record, I don't cast you to bang you.
I cast people because they're interesting to look at and sometimes it's a charitable thing. I see that their self-confidence is bad. This seems to be a boost to it. In a way, something I wish someone would've done for me. And it goes to my photography as well. I use a lot of non-models because people don't really know how good they look until they see themselves through the eyes of another person's lens. I like beauty. Weird or not.

So stay strong in your convictions. Don't blow smoke up someone's ass just because you think it will get you anywhere. You will get further at honesty. Want to know why? Because no one else is doing it.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete