Sunday, May 3, 2020

Even Brad Pitt Has Been Rejected

My ex-girlfriend was absolutely in love with Brad Pitt.
Do I blame her? Nah. He's dreamy. Through the 90's he rocked "A River Runs Through It" and "Legends of the Fall" and "Interview With a Vampire" Not to mention his greased up bone fest in "Thelma & Louise" Coming at a time when these types of pretty boys seem to be a dime a dozen, he stood out as the next James Dean.
As you struggle through your career, understand that in his youth, even he was relegated to Pringles commercials and bits on "Growing Pains" as TWO different people.
He paid his dues.
But very little has been said about how he was rejected by a girl.

If you ever feel bad about your life...remember, even Brad Pitt had been dumped...bad.

The story, told by him:

"She called me up in Los Angeles and was crying on the phone. She was lonely and there was a huge drama. At this point I had $800 to my name and I spent $600 of it getting a ticket from Los Angeles to Hungary to see her. I got there, went straight to the set where she was filming and that night we went out to dinner. She told me that she had fallen in love with the director of the film. I was so shocked I said, 'I'm outta here.' "

He goes on to explain how broke he was, and broken hearted. Someone whom he was engaged to be married. And this is Brad Pitt. The girl...
"The Stepfather" star broke it off because she'd fallen for (supposedly) Dwight H. Little. Who had directed her in "Phantom Of The Opera"
Dwight seems likes a really cool dude. Having worked through "Halloween IV" and "Rapid Fire" He must be some cocksman to wrangle her from beau-hunk Pitt.

Yes folks, we all gone through it. Suffered through heartbreak and heartache. But we do survive intact.
Same happened with me with my ex-girlfriend. It was a few weeks before Christmas (for those who haven't heard the story). And this was a girl who we had recently reconciled. A college girlfriend who lived with me for a year. We had beautiful nights filled with dreams and hopes and plans. Then I went to graduate school. And, though we kept on and off for nearly 7 years (I'd like to think I set the bar pretty damn high) she eventually found someone while I was finishing up school. I remember being in the parking lot of Hometown Buffet and being told she was in love with someone else. To which I replied "then why the fuck are you calling me? Goodbye." And that was the last I ever heard from her.
These types of stories are what really hit us hard when we tell our stories (at least it should). We take our pain and we make art, as Carrie Fisher would say.
Make art. And allow yourself to be open to pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment