Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Getting Back To Set

Not going to happen soon. Unless, by some wild miraculous thing, they find the cure or vaccine. And, also, vaccines don't necessarily work if the strain keeps changing...right?

So those who had plans to make films, make new plans. But that doesn't mean there isn't going to be a logjam of projects when this ends...just that you need to get to that point. Many people in this germ-a-phobe industry aren't exactly quick to want to return anyway.

It's a sad thing. But also a good time to stop and think what the rush was all about.

I don't know about you, but before this all ended, I had three projects going on. One as a producer, one as a director and one was a cinematographer. And also had my workshops. It's a constant juggle.

To be honest, I was stressing out. Because I'm also perpetually tired. And sore. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia (don't even know if this is the right spelling) but also chronic fatigue. I wake up tired and sore. And the rest of the day, I feel like I'm in a fog.
So it's miraculous to get anything done, let alone three things.
But I still stretched myself pretty thin. For those chasing your dreams, it could be a derailment. For me, it just means I can slow down. Not commit to so many things anymore. Or get involved.

Those who are the bottom feeders of the industry...seems they will fall out the quickest. Because reality starts from the bottom up.

No comments:

Post a Comment