Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Baywatch

I make no secrets that this show turn the tides (see that) on my choice to come to Los Angeles. The late 80's show "Baywatch" made me think sun, surf and babes was going to be my life forever.

And now you can rewatch these on streaming television. They're corny as shit and plot lines are ridiculous for any of you who have ever visited Los Angeles. The beaches are filled with losers, homeless and substance abusers. It's no Baywatch.

So, it got me thinking about David Hasselhoff.
I've often overlooked this tool for the hotter babes such as Erika Eleniak (whom I got to meet):
See what she wrote there...coming by...oh yeah.
Yeah, I'm sure she realizes we all spanked it to her.
I digress...David Hasselhoff!
The guy became massive in Germany...as a singer. Though super successful. He had series that are now iconic. Money, fame, and family. And then that video of his daughter taping him in a drunken stupor came out. It's an incoherent rant. So, whatever, too many "funny" people on YouTube to search for the real one:
Been there.

So with all this...what was making so miserable? He's rich (though apparently not now), famous and handsome...

...Truth?

Success in this business is not what you expect.
Though I have small success...I've been around big successes and none seem happy. Regardless of where you are on the food chain, no one is truly happy to work in glamorous Hollywood.

I suspect it's because everyone wants to be seen as Gods. To the craft services to the executive producer, EVERYONE. And be appreciated. I think The 'Hoff suffers what most famous people suffer in that he doesn't know who likes him for him and who likes him for his fame. Answer: He'll never know. Because once you've been in this system so long, your mentality is warped. Stay close to the ones who DON'T work in or around Hollywood. Because they have a better perspective on daily living. For those chasing this level of fame...good luck. I hope you have the maturity to understand and process what it really means.

No comments:

Post a Comment