Monday, December 18, 2017

More Thoughts On Why "Star Wars: The Last Jedi"

The fans have turned to an angry mob. About a fictional story that has defined their childhood. Or mood. Or lives. A TON of these nerds spent a long time conjecturing who is who in this phony universe only to have the corporate entity (which will not be named) to essentially tell the fans they can go fuck themselves with Lucas's vision.

In doing so, the movie they created was dumb on its on level. But even so...it's theirs to fuck and un-fuck as necessary. Or use to sell their crap toys to nerds who will go off a cliff with them. Who cares, you fucking nerds, it's a movie. People have spent a lifetime living George Lucas's world, and in this movie, it does sort of tell you to move on with your lives. The music even tells you. As it goes from a sweet John Williams theme to a mean John Williams theme. Even precious Leia, Luke AND Han want you nerds to move on.

Look, I know how it feels. I sold my vintage motorcycle to this zipperheaded Japanese guy in the south bay. I knew this fucking cocksucker was going to modify the shit out of all the original parts of it. I could see him salivating over the goddamn shit he was going to shred on it. I made him promise he was going to keep her original (I knew this was empty). I had to sell the bike and he met my price. Lucas sold the franchise and now...as much as he regrets it and feels betrayed. It will be publicly gutted. And the people who made the franchise what it is...will need to get aboard, or live in the Lucas universe. That's tragic for all my friends who spent so much time idolizing that era.
The nerds who hated this movie and claim it is Disney hating on its fan?...I don't think you're wrong. Or wrong to feel this way. But this era will fade and then the next trilogy will also face the new person who will gut the old guard. I don't watch "The Simpsons" anymore, because I personally don't have a connection anymore with this era. The feeling faded for me. But I can still revisit the past episodes of when I thought it was good. I don't need fresh and new. And I guess, it must've been considered for sure that this was to end it for people like me who liked the simple nature of "Star Wars" when it was...simple.
This new trilogy doesn't belong to those who hold to that ideology. They don't have to follow any Lucas book or stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment