Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Hallmark Cards

Having artistic friends, I never get Hallmark cards anymore. That's a shame. It seems they are still the barometer of last minute card-giving moments.
Browsing through the holiday cards are hilarious because Hallmark does provide a leveled sentiment that says what you can't in real life. That is the purpose of cards, yes? Because we can't express the kindness in words to someone without sounding goofy. Try it...I recall telling a girl I loved her, and it was echoing in my skull for weeks. Learned my lesson.
It's hard for me to say those things, so a Hallmark card is perfect. The other thing...it is from a third party corporation, so if the sentiment fails, it doesn't feel like YOU failed. Only your last minute choice.

Handmade cards are the bomb. Do NOT get me wrong. A Hallmark card seems nicer, because I know the person probably had hundreds of duplicates that they send to everyone. I don't want people spending their precious time coming up with the perfect sentiment.
Besides, the best cards have big breasted women on them. And if you aren't that, doesn't really matter does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment