Thursday, September 10, 2015

They Goin' Bankrupt

David Cassidy, that dreamboat from "The Partridge Family" is bankrupt. His bankrupt is different from our bankrupt, in that half a million dollars is what he walks away with. What an odd way to go. Considering the peaks he's been to. Even as recent as a few years back, he was doing Broadway musicals. I'm not sure what that lifestyle requires, but man...is that sad. I recall a story Danny Bonaduce told about David Cassidy (when they were still teenagers) sticking his dick through the gates at his home for the girls to grab. I guess it's not THAT big of surprise that he'd hit the ground at some point (as Danny did). But he seemed so responsible. And if you look at re-runs of the show, you really want to grab those two by the shoulder and show them what eventually becomes of them. David also had issues with alcoholism. He's had a few DUIs and rehab. I completely understand how that could consume you. But it's still a little hard to understand when he had a life most would envy. Maybe not. That's for him to live with. He also seems to still refuse to believe that drinking booze had nothing to do with his bankruptcy. I wouldn't go as far as to say it helped him. I pity him in the way that there is an empty hole in him that won't be mended. At 65 years of age, you can't deny being overcome by addiction. A lot of pain we haven't heard. And unfortunately won't until he's dead.

Greg Louganis is also bankrupt. This one surprised me, because I always thought gays were really smart with money. He was an Olympic athlete from the '84 Games. I remember seeing him really rack up the gold. It's not all that surprising, I guess, that diving really didn't have that much of a market. If you haven't endorsed Wheaties it'd be Speedos. Then it's...nothing. Added to his issues, he also became HIV positive. At a time when it was a massive scare. I doubt any advertisers wanted to hear what he had to say. A terrible string of luck.

It's odd they both sold their mansions for about the same price ($1.8 million). This, of course goes to cover debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment